Primary Purpose of the Job:
- Manage and coordinate subordinates performing economic evaluations for all defined stages of the project lifecycle on potential and live downstream refining and manufacturing projects.
- The project lifecycle includes the following stages: evaluation (pre-feasibility, feasibility), development (FEED) and implementation (EPIC). Develop and implement QP's refining and manufacturing ventures strategy, in collaboration with the refining and manufacturing ventures department.
- Identify and assess opportunities and potential JV partners in the refining and manufacturing industry.
- Protect QP's interests when negotiating with joint venture partners and contractors.
- B.Sc. / M.Sc. degreein ChemicallPetroleumEngineeringwith strong awareness of Economics,Finance,MarketAnalysisand BusinessDevelopmentis required.
- An advanced degree is advantageous (e.g., Masters in Business Administration, Economics, etc.)
Experience & Skills:
- 12 years minimum of professional experience in hydrocarbon processing with business development and project economics is required.
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions, strategy, and-or corporate development is highly preferred. Proven international projects management skills are required; international business development and evaluation is a plus.
- Highly developed knowledge, experience and skills to discuss business strategy and provide analysis.
- Hands-on experience developing financial, business appraisal and economic models to support the integrated project; experience modelling integrated developments is a plus.
- Proficient in building/using/modifying models to support projects evaluation and development, Decision Making and strategic planning Broad and current knowledge of a wide spectrum of industries, namely: refining and manufacturing industries including market trends, business drivers and downstream transformation industries Strong leadership ability to motivate and organize staff and create proper working environment with ability to guide along corporate goals and guidelines; Ability to work with different cultures and backgrounds, activities and work processes.
- Proficiency in specifying and supporting models for screening prospects and pushing investments; Ability to create a positive and professional business relationship with internal and external groups.
- Demonstrates solid negotiation skills, diplomacy, strong general management and mature communication and presentation skills.
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.