Primary Purpose of the Job:
- Provide professional advice, expertise and practical assistance to all assigned end-user departments of the Corporation in all tendering / contractual matters from inception of project till close-out of contracts.
- Finalization of tender documentation including preparation of pricing mechanism and release for tender. Guide the assigned sponsoring departments while reviewing the content of tender bulletin, tender clarifications.
- In addition actively participates during evaluation of tenders, commercial negotiation with tenderers, prepares award plan submissions and letter of awards.
- Represent the Contracts Department in various tender and evaluation committees, including those of Associates, Affiliates and Joint-Ventures.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and ethics on all contractual matters.
- Propagate and maintain “zero harm culture”. Prepare draft contract documents; incorporating the effect of all negotiations, clarifications and qualifications.
- Review work /service scopes of tenders & Work Change Requests and liaise with Sponsoring Departments for improvements and changes.
- Management of contracts by rendering contractual support on resolving disputes, evaluation of claims, variations and settlement of final account.
- Ensure that contract strategies, tenders, contracts and variations are in full compliance with QP’s Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure coverage of Risk Assessment in accordance with QP’s HSE Risk Management Guidelines. Ensure compliance with Contracts Procedures and support Project Execution Procedures.
- B.S.c in Engineering Discipline or Quantity Surveying.
- A post graduate qualification in Contract Management or Project Management desirable).
Experience & Skills:
- 10 years multi disciplinary experience, including 8 years in an oil & gas industry or with major industrial structures in the preparation/evaluation/negotiation of tenders/contracts of large scale projects with complexity and diversity.
- Proficient in contractual correspondence, contract verbatim, report writing with analytical, logical and problem solving skills.
- Possession of sound knowledge of Contracts Law is desirable.
- Thorough understanding of engineering, procurement, and construction techniques EPCM & LSTK and maintenance / operation related services.
- Computer literate and able to use this knowledge for contract analysis, evaluation of statistical data both historical and projected.
- Well versed in SAP transactions
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.