- University graduate and Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Experience appropriate to length of service.
- Expertise in the teaching of the subject.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 3 years work experience.
- To maintain a secure knowledge and understanding of the subject specified in the National Curriculum.
- To have a secure knowledge and understanding of the concepts and skills in their specialist subject(s), at a standard equivalent to degree level to enable them to teach confidently and accurately, and, where relevant, post 16.
- To have, for their specialist subject(s), where applicable, a detailed knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum programmes of study, level descriptions or end of key stage descriptions and, where applicable, National Curriculum programmes of study for KS4 with the relevant KS4 and post-16 examination syllabuses and courses, including vocational courses.
- To ensure that pupils are healthy and safe on school premises and when leading activities off the school site, such as educational visits, school outings or field trips.
- To ensure reasonable practice for the purposes of safeguarding or promoting children's welfare.
- To have established, during work in schools, effective working relationships with professional colleagues including, where applicable, associate staff.
- To assist Academic Head of Subject in running of department and teaching of subject.
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.