Primary Purpose of the Job:
- Carries out duties as assigned by the Area Authority.
- Involves starting up the plant by lining up wells to production or test headers, starting turbo-expanders, recycle compressors, condensate export pumps, preparing chemicals for injection/transfer as required and starting up the glycol dehydration system in accordance with authorized procedure.
- Carries out piggin operations, takes various readings and conducts tests as directed.
- Ensures at all times that safety equipment is worn and all safety rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Completion of Secondary (12 years) education followed by 2 years Technical Training.
Experience & Skills:
- At least 4 years experience in production and process operations preferably in an offshore location.
- Daily readings of plant instruments and gauges.
- Has working understanding of safety systems, e.g. fire fighting, survival at sea, mustering, permit to work, isolation lock and tag procedure.
- Responsible for own safety and the safety of his work associates in understanding and acting in accordance with safety procedures in case of alarms and emergency/evacuation situations.
- Ensure the wearing of safety equipment.
- Acts as an assigned member of an emergency response team with the responsibility to take corrective action in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
- Moderate physical effort when opening and closing valves.
- Majority of the time is spent walking, standing and especially climbing.
- Good Knowledge of English.
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.