Primary Purpose of the Job:
- Monitors and controls the complete gas distribution system, checking that system functions safely and effectively and making the necessary adjustments in consultation with Senior Operator in the DCS/SCADA Control System.
- Liaises with system control of QEWC/QGEWC, Control Rooms of NF Offshore, NFGP, Dukhan WHTP, Dukhan FSP, NGL-1, NGL-2, QAPCO, QASCO, NODCO, QAFCO-1, 2, 3, 4 and QAFAC and Al Khaleej, Dolphin, QATARGAS, RASGAS to discuss and resolve any problems in the supply and consumption of gas to the gas distribution network.
- Assists the Senior Operator in operating the system.
- Required to follow a 3 Cycle Shift System and is not permitted to leave place of work unless relieved.
- Completion of Secondary Education followed by 2/3 years formal technical training in Process Plant Operation to OND/ONC or equivalent level plus relevant training in Safety & Computer based systems.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 5 years Gas Processing & Distribution system experience including previous experience of operating DCS/SCADA Control System.
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.