Primary Purpose of the Job:
- Supervises the distribution of gas through pipelines, manifold and letdown stations, ensuring that these are working efficiently and that any faults are speedily rectified and that each consumer receives sufficient to all continuity of operation.
- Supervises the maintenance of Stations / pipelines / LBVs / SBVs and ensures faults are speedily attended to for minimum outage of pipelines and stations.
- The job holder assumes the full responsibility for the Gas distribution of his assigned area.
- Plans and supervises all aspects of Transmission and Distribution in his assigned area. Any wrong decision could result in normally shutdown of any one the consumers equivalent to QR.2 Million/ day or shutdown of Gas distribution, which could result in revenue losses and severe downstream effect to power stations supply. The effect is also felt in all upstream and downstream consumers like QAPCO/QAFCO/QAFAC/QP Refinery/QASCO/QEWC,QCHEM,QATARGAS,RASGAS, QGEWC, Al Khaleej and Dolphin.
- Participates in developing and upgrading various production and export plans by liaising with upstream gas producers, related Onshore and Offshore functions and downstream consumers.
- Supervises and coordinates the distribution of gas through stations and associated pipelines & its distribution to local customers.
- Ensures that gas is distributed safely and efficiently and that maximum use is made of available resources.
- Develops and directs safe working practices in all areas and ensures all regulations are adhered to.
- Reviews, discusses and implements proposed/agreed man power plans and Qatarization within the system.
- B.Sc. Degree preferably in Chemical Engineering.
Experience & Skills:
- 10 years in Hydrocarbon Processing Industry including at least 3 in a Supervisory position.
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.