Primary Purpose of the Job:
- Responsible for technical support to GDS Stations (14 Nos.), valve stations (45 Nos.), pipelines (3000 Kms.) and associated utilities operations to ensure continuous and efficient operation of all pipelines and process station and ensure supply quality.
- Examine problems on operation and solve problems as they arise by troubleshooting stations.
- Seeks continuous development of the facilities and process systems.
- Monitors performance of gas treatment stations by means of process calculations and laboratory analysis on regular basis. One-day shutdown of one of the major stations will make loss of 2.0 MM QR for Qatar Petroleum and other major financial impacts to end users. In case of shutdown to gas station to major power station may result into full power interruption to the State.
- Review daily analysis for feeds and supply streams plus utilities, as well as, investigate analysis as required.
- Interpret routine laboratory test results to operating conditions as appropriate and advise Operations accordingly.
- Degree in any Engineering discipline or equivalent.
Experience & Skills:
- At least 10 years engineering experience within a similar environment with a minimum of 3 years experience in the operation of any computerized Management System.
- Should be familiar with various computer applications - MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.