Primary Purpose of the Job:
- Directs and manages all transmission & distribution technical and engineering activities related to the gas, ethane, ethylene, raw NGL, condensate and crude oil pipelines and compression stations, processing stations, gas treatment station, emergency block valves station (total about 3000 kms of pipelines and 60 stations) covering from Ras Laffan to Doha, Mukanis and Mesaieed.
- He directs the continuous technical upgrade of the state gas transmission & distribution master control centers of Mesaieed & Ras Laffan including Scada systems, pipeline management system, pipeline leak detection system and online chromatography system using advanced technical software.
- Manages the cathodic protection system of existing pipelines and proposes alterations and synergies.
- He manages the supply of fuel and feedstock to the state QEWC & KAHRAMAA power stations and water generation plants and to the state heavy industries such as QAPCO, QAFCO, QAFAC, QVC, Q-Chem, Refinery, NGL, etc.
- He manages the technical data and quality of the gas and other hydrocarbon received from Al Khaleej (Exxon Mobil), Dolphin and QP other operations area.
- Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering with further qualifications to Chartered Engineer status is required.
Experience & Skills:
- 20 years in the hydrocarbon process industry with a minimum of 8 years in a senior supervisory engineering capacity.
- Experience in project system engineering, process related software applications and process industry design codes is essential with thorough knowledge of industry/international codes & standards and ability to interpret all related specific applications.
- High degree of fluency in written and oral English communication is essential.
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.