Primary Purpose of the Job:
- Directs, coordinates, manages and provides Petroleum Engineering support for the Well Integrity Operations Division of Offshore Fields. This includes all aspects of well integrity tests, drilling, well completion and other related activities, from job design to on-site implementation.
- Conduct well surveillance, including performance modelling interpretation and well corrosion.
- Conducts reservoir management activities. Participates in interdisciplinary reservoir study teams.
- Develops mentor less experienced staff.
- Minimum of a B.Sc in Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering is required.
Experience & Skills:
- Preferably 15+ years work experience as a Petroleum Engineer in the Oil and Gas industry with demonstrated Surveillance/Production Engineering expertise in carrying out well integrity in large oil and gas fields.
- Proven experience at recommending remedial well work solutions for horizontal wells in heterogeneous oil reservoirs with variable geo-layer parameters: porosity, permeability, water saturation, thickness, etc.
- Experience with well integrity testing.
- Experience with tubing & IPR modelling and Gas Lift design/troubleshooting.
- Experience with interpretation of cased hole production and diagnostic logs.
- Must have strong teamwork skills, and it would be an advantage to have experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff, field staff, and management.
- Must have experience mentoring less experienced engineers.
- Must have experience/knowledge of current computer software for production engineering applications.
- Desirable to have experience working in mature producing fields where finding, assimilating, and integrating data from incomplete files and variable sources can be challenging.
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.