RESEARCH & TECHNOLOGY
Qatar Petroleum Research & Technology Department was set up in 2009 to plan and execute R&D needs for existing business and new business opportunities and initiate, lead and support initiatives toward acquisition, development and retention of new knowledge that will deepen and broaden the technical capabilities of QP.
Its functional responsibilities and activities include:
- Collaboration with technical and operational directorates and departments of QP to identify areas in which research is needed in order to meet strategic business requirements
- Planning, execution, coordination and management of QP’s research and technology portfolio and projects aimed at addressing the business needs
- Coordination of the planning, execution and implementation of joint research projects between QP and external companies, universities and private research institutes
- Collaboration with other departments within QP to access and acquire new knowledge and search for, identify and verify technologies that could be applied to the QP business
- Supporting QP business departments in field and plant trials for testing and qualification of new technology solutions
- Maintenance and operation of the QP R&T Center and laboratories, including infrastructure, facilities and equipment at Qatar Science & Technology Park (QSTP)
The QP Research & Technology Department represents a significant expansion of QP’s technical capability. It plays a key role in forming QP’s long-term technology strategy, and remains at the forefront of key technologies through collaborative research with international and local partners.
QP’s Research & Technology Center is situated at Qatar Science and Technology Park. The Center comprises 1500 m2 of office space and laboratories, and currently accommodates around 25 staff.
The QPRTC focuses on the following main QP operational research areas:
For operational challenges or research ideas in the field of hydrocarbon extraction, please contact us on email@example.com. To see our vacancies, please apply via the QP website www.qp.com.qa. Kindly note that we cannot accept any CVs via the provided email address.