Qatar Petroleum International (QPI) has been established to make strategic commercial investments across the energy value chain around the world and is currently 100% owned by Qatar Petroleum (QP).
QPI currently manages a multibillion dollar portfolio of investments including, but not limited to: upstream, gas & power, refining/petrochemicals, and other midstream/downstream activities. The Company participates in its investments alongside a group of the most reputable multinational and national energy companies, in both acquisitions and greenfield/brownfield projects.
Recent activities include:
- Investment (20%) in two blocks as a non-operator in an exploration project in Mauritania with TOTAL E&P Mauritania as operator. Seismic and drilling studies have been completed, and drilling commenced in 2009
- Evaluations and pre-feasibility studies supporting a 24.5% equity investment in a potential multi-billion dollar petrochemical and refinery complex in China
- Invested in QPI & Shell Petrochemicals (Singapore) Pte. Ltd (QSPS), a joint venture with Shell holding interests in an olefins plant and polymer plant in Singapore
- Continued to advance the Long Son Petrochemical Project, a petrochemical joint venture with a consortium including SCG, in Vietnam
- Submitted bids, along with Marubeni Gas & Power, Chubu Electric, and Qatar Electricity and Water Corporation (QEWC), for two independent power projects (IPPs) in Oman
- Memoranda of Understanding have been signed around the globe particularly with international and national oil companies and governments to ensure development of potential investment opportunities
- Studies to build power plants continue to progress
- QPI continues to build a team of people who will actively evaluate investment opportunities in oil and gas
- Current QP interests in LNG terminals (South Hook, Adriatic and Golden Pass) continue to transition to the QPI portfolio.
QPI will continue to explore, evaluate and invest in strategically aligned projects around the globe and build its team to execute, maintain, and grow its successful investment portfolio.