Learning at QP - Corporate Training Industrial (CTI)
Most of the work of CTI is dedicated to developing trainees for technical and clerical positions within QP and its subsidiaries, however development of employees is also undertaken.
A five-year plan is in place which is aimed at Qatarization. The objective is to attract 145 nationals per year to occupy middle technical and clerical jobs in QP & its subsidiaries.
Industrial training activities focus on the following programmes:
- Training secondary school graduates for QP technical and clerical jobs.
- Training secondary school graduates to be able to pursue engineering QP studies to diploma/degree level.
- Training of artisans for QP technical jobs.
- Preparing Qatari secondary school graduates with 80% or more school average for degree study programs in Qatar, UK, USA, Australia and Canada by joining the Academic Bridge Program (ABP).
- Offering direct scholarships to Qatari secondary school graduates, who meet certain criteria and conditions, to pursue degree programs.
- Training employee-level staff (ELS) to enhance and develop their performance standard as part of their career progression.
- Arranging English language courses for employees and trainees at all levels. Costumers of QP English courses also include employees from subsidiaries and affiliated companies as well as a good number of organizations, companies and ministries in Qatar.
For more information about what a traineeship with QP can do for you and how to get involved, send us a message by clicking the Get In Touch button.