Learning and Development (HL)
The Learning and Development Department is dedicated to advancing knowledge and learning as important tools in the development of Qatari nationals across the energy sector, thus contributing to the further provision of skilled human resources in the State of Qatar.
The main objectives of the department are as follows:
- Attract, recruit, train and prepare Qatari high school and university students to assume posts in QP and the energy sector in general;
- Support the recruitment, educational sponsorship and development of Qatari nationals;
- Manage educational sponsorships for high-potential Qatari students and QP trainees;
- Design oil and gas competency-based vocational, academic and professional training programs in collaboration with QP’s functional leaders and in line with strategic priorities and objectives;
- Facilitate the placement, career progression and professional development of Qatari nationals in line with QP’s Qatarization plans;
- Deliver development programs on effective leadership and design individual development plans for future QP leaders as part of the corporation’s Leadership Development Framework.